Why not leave the car at the hostel for the day, and explore the area on foot and by public transport.
Here's some of our suggestions of things to do:
- Short walks from the hostel door - have a look at our walks page for ideas
- Use the Citylink bus services to walk a section of the Great Glen Way: for example walk to Fort Augustus (10 miles) and catch the bus back, or take the bus to the Commando Memorial near Spean Bridge, walk to Gairlochy and pick up the Great Glen Way there, following it to the hostel along Loch Lochy (17 miles)
- Take the bus to Bridge of Oich and walk to Invergarry via Loch Lundie.
- Catch a bus or walk back to the hostel
- Catch the bus to Invergarry, and visit the Glengarry Heritage Centre, or explore the footpaths in the Glengarry woods, or along the river and around Invergarry Castle, and have high tea in luxury at the Glengarry Castle Hotel
- Using Citylink's bus service to the Isle of Skye: visit Cluanie in Glen Shiel for the day and enjoy a short hillwalk (e.g. Am Bathach)
- Visit a castle: it's possible to go to either Eilean Donan or Urquhart Castle in a day trip by bus from here.
- Please ask at reception for more information and bus timetables.